The Dumbwaiter is a base appliance
||Connected together as if by magic
||Transport: Teleports items to other dumbwaiters
The dumbwaiter is an appliance that can teleport items within it to another dumbwaiter.
- At least 2 dumbwaiters needs to be present for its effect to be relevant.
- All dumbwaiters share the same storage space, but only one dumbwaiter can be open at any given time.
- Interact will close or open the appliance door.
- When opening the door of one dumbwaiter, all other dumbwaiters will automatically close. Only 1 dumbwaiter can be open at any given time.
- Cannot interact, grab, or set an item in the appliance while the door is closed. The appliance's door has to be open for the item inside to be interacted with.
- Player can place any item on this appliance that can be carried, if the door is opened.
- Player can combine food items on this appliance, if the door is opened.
- Dumbwaiters are useful in circumventing a limited serving counter space to pass an item from the kitchen to the servers.
- For example, if the main serving counters are used up by the main recipe, this appliance can be used to pass starters/desserts through a different channel.
- A good usage of the appliance can be done with Soup. Using a Portioner along with a Dumbwaiter, a team can quickly portion out all of the soup's portions and return the now emptied pot back to the kitchen without it leaving the the Dumbwaiter.
- Due to how the Dumbwaiter requires a player to be physically next to it inorder to open it, this appliance provides little utility for a solo player.