The Floor Buffer is a base appliance
||Everything is better if it's shiny
||All-surface shine: Increases movement and prevents spills
The floor buffer is a tool that buffs the floor. Does not clean messes.
- Interact or Grab to pick up the tool.
- While holding the tool and in front of the appliance, Interact to put the tool away.
- Instantly create a buff floor on unaltered spaces the player travels over while holding this tool.
- Buff floor lasts for 60 seconds, and will refresh its duration if applied on the same spot.
- Buff floor increases player's walk speed by +56.25% while walking over it.
- Messes or wet spot cannot form on a buff floor.
- If the spot already has a wet spot or mess, the floor will be unaffected by this tool.
- Does NOT clean messes already on the floor.
- While holding this tool, the player's walk speed is slowed by -25%.
- Bonus walk speed stacks multiplicative with other sources, like while walking over wet spot or a buff floor.
- This includes the buff floor created while moving with this appliance, meaning the player has a +17% speed bonus while moving with this appliance.
- While the player is holding this tool, the player cannot hold another item, including other tools (Sharp Knife, Rolling Pin, Scrubbing Brush, Mop, Floor Buffer, Tray Stand, Pouch of Holding).
- Player can Interact with items that does not require obtaining an item while holding this tool, like putting out a fire or chopping an ingredient.
- Can only store a floor buffer on the appliance.
- The hit box of the appliance is 1 x 0.33, meaning with careful placement, the player can pass between the appliances.