The Starter Hob is a starter appliance
||Just a pilot light
The starter hob is an appliance that can food items placed on it.
- Many food item can burn if left on the appliance past its final "good" cooking phase, becoming burnt.
- Can stop a food item from burning if combined with a Plate or with another ingredients, like combining a Burger Bun with a Burger Patty.
- Has a 10% chance of producing a mess around itself while cooking a food item.
- Will and burn faster with the use of a Gas Override.
- Will and burn slower with the use of a Gas Limiter.
- Cooks slower than a Hob.
- Player can place any item on this appliance that can be carried.
- Player can combine food items on this appliance.
- If placed within the same room and within 2 tile range of a serving table, those customers on that table will have their Waiting for Food patience duration be reduced by 20%.
This appliance is a Starter
- At the start of a restaurant run and the player has a recipe that requires cooking, the game will either provide 2 Starter Hobs or an Oven for free, depending on the recipe. But if the player has two or more recipes, and at least 1 of those recipes provides an Oven by default, then the player will only receive the Oven.
- 2 Starter Hobs are provided for all recipes that require cooking, except for Pies, Pizza, and Breakfast recipes.
- During a run, if the player does not have any appliance that can cook (any hob, Oven or Microwave) and acquires a recipe that requires cooking, 2 Starter Hobs will be provided for free.
- If a player has a Heated Mixer but no other cooking appliance, 2 Starter Hobs will still be provided to the player.
- Appliance not available as a blueprint