The Copying Desk is a upgraded appliance
||Two of these, please
||Research Grant: Interact to Copy a blueprint in an adjacent cabinet
Further information: Research and Blueprints.
The copying desk is an upgraded appliance that can upgrade blueprints in a surrounding Blueprint Cabinet (orthoginally or diagonal).
- Interact for 5 seconds to duplicate a blueprint in a Blueprint Cabinet.
- The copy is placed in the same Blueprint Cabinet as the original blueprint in a specific second slot of the Blueprint Cabinet.
- Duplicated blueprints show as "greyed out". This duplicate blueprints cannot then be further duplicated, but can be upgraded or discounted.
- If a duplicated blueprint is taken out of a Blueprint Cabinet, it cannot be placed back in any Blueprint Cabinet.
- Duplicated blueprint is affected by reroll, changing into a randomly selected 'normal' blueprint.
- Duplicated blueprints aren't considered as 'blueprints' for the purposes of certain Franchise Cards such as Second Helpings.
- Appliance can be used multiple times to copy multiple different Blueprint Cabinets that doesn't already have a duplicated blueprint in it during the day.
- Each Blueprint Cabinet and its blueprint can be copied once per day.
- The hit box of the appliance is 1 x 0.5, meaning with careful placement of two such dimensioned items, the player can pass between the appliances.
The Research Desk upgrades function differently compared to most appliances, as they can be upgraded multiple time until the desired Upgraded desk is acquired. Upgrading the Research Desk will randomly select one of three upgrades, but upgrading any of the upgraded desks will follow a specific pattern that will keep looping among its upgraded versions.